This class provides an intensive, comprehensive and idiomatic view of the language. We focus on both the specification and implementation of the language, including topics ranging from language syntax, Go’s type system, concurrency, channels, testing and more. We believe this class is perfect for anyone who wants a jump start in learning Go or who wants a more thorough understanding of the language and its internals.
This course is courtesy of ArdanLabs
You can find all the course content at: https://github.com/gobridge/ultimate_go
Click here for more information about class levels in this course!
Underrepresented population in tech (women, people of color, transgender people).
What if I don't fit the Target Audience? May I attend?
We ask you to please, take the intent of this event seriously and be accompanied by an engineer fitting the description under target audience.
This free Ultimate Go is a 2-day workshop for any underrepresented intermediate-level developer who has some experience with other programming languages and wants to learn Go. It will provide an intensive, comprehensive and idiomatic view of the language. Focus will be placed on both the specification and implementation of the language, including topics ranging from language syntax, Go’s type system, concurrency, channels, testing and more. This workshop is perfect for anyone who wants a jump start in learning Go or who wants a more thorough understanding of the language and its internals.
The workshop will run from 9am-5pm on BOTH
Saturday & Sunday
- Language syntax
- Arrays, slices and maps
- Methods, interfaces and embedding
- Packaging and exporting
- Using pointers
- Error handling
- Concurrency and channels
- A strong understanding of the language syntax and implementation
- A feel for writing code in an idiomatic style and syntax
- An ability to use patterns and techniques to solve common problems
Pre-reqs & Preparation
- Studied CS in school or has a minimum of two years of experience programming full time professionally
Familiar with structural and object oriented programming styles
- Has worked with arrays, lists, queues and stacks
- Understands processes, threads and synchronization at a high level
- Operating systems
- Has worked with a command shell
- Knows how to maneuver around the file system
- Understands what environment variables are
About the Instructor
Bill is a Managing Partner at Ardan Studios in Miami, FL -- a mobile, web and systems development company. He is also the co-author of the book Go In Action, the author of the blog GoingGo.Net
, and the organizer for the Go and MongoDB meetups in Miami.
Transportation and Parking
Transportation is not provided; Parking is free. Detailed direction and parking information -
Food and Drinks
No childcare will be provided during this workshop. Please plan accordingly.